Thank you for your interest in supporting ISCCW!
Click on the buttons above for detailed information on why your support is so important to us.
Here Are Ways You Can Support Our Cause
Become a Voting Member
Becoming a voting member of the ISCCW allows you voting rights on ISCCW’s activities as expressed in our Annual Meeting in August. The ISCCW By-Laws require:
Individual/Family Membership - $25 minimum
- Voting rights of one (1) vote per membership is reserved for property owners and residents of the township of Watersmeet, MI and all property owners with land abutting water on Watersmeet Township boundary lakes.
Organization/Business Membership - $125 minimum
- Voting rights of one (1) vote per membership are reserved for:
- All organizations/businesses on all lakes within the township of Watersmeet, MI or on Watersmeet Township boundary lakes.
- All other organizations/businesses within Watersmeet Township.
- All organizations/businesses whose proprietor are a property owner in Watersmeet Township or owns land abutting water on any Watersmeet Township boundary lake.
ISCCW is a non-profit corporation, and all money we receive goes towards funding our projects that are important to the waterways and lands in Watersmeet Township. We are exempt from paying federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and your contribution is fully tax deductible.
Become a Donor
Becoming a donor of the ISCCW gives you the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to maintain our pristine waterways here in Watersmeet Township.
You may be a life-long resident, a seasonal visitor or visiting family or friends but certainly, it's the water that draws you here; the magnificent, clean water we care for. Your donation helps support our activities and those of our partners.
Get Involved or Volunteer
As a not-for-profit organization, the ISCCW / Watersmeet Lakeguards relies heavily on volunteers to be effective in their fight against invasive species. If you would like to make a difference, there are many opportunities to get involved.
- Learn all you can about invasive species.
- Recruit new members.
- Attend ISCCW Board meetings (open to the public).
- Participate in the Clean Boats Clean Waters program at boat landings.
- Organize on-water monitoring for your lake.
- Participate in on-water monitoring.
- Attend area workshops pertaining to invasive species.
- Assist with grant writing.
- Provide a service or expertise to assist with graphic arts, printing, legal services.
- Assist with mailings.
- Donate materials used for mailings.